It's well worth protecting!
In addition to making your new home an Energy Star qualified home, the following suggestions can help save the planet for future generations and save you some money in the process.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save on heating and cooling bills.
You can set the thermostat according to fit your lifestyle, and avoid wasting energy when no one is home.
- Save up to 33% as much as $200 annually on heating and cooling bills by installing a programmable thermostat that will lower the temperature 3 to 4 degrees at night in the winter and when you are away from your house.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Unplug or switch off power bars for small appliances and
electronics when not in use.
- Regularly change the filter in your furnace so the furnace
fan easily pushes the air through it.
- Clean the lint trap in the dryer every time you use it. This will allow the dryer to work quicker and more efficiently.
- Wash only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
Use cold water whenever possible.
- Water your lawn during the early morning to prevent evaporation.
- Use non-toxic cleaning chemicals.
- Use bio-degradable shampoos and soups.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible.
At HUNT HOMES, we firmly believe that all of us have stake in saving our planet. If not for ourselves, then for our children and generations to come. When each of us do a little, it can all add up to a lot and make a big difference.